If you're late to the party, CRM is Customer Relationship Management. A tool to manage the sales relationships you have with your referral sources.
So as not to stand on a soapbox, I'll keep this brief and to the point.
You NEED CRM in your agency.
1. It captures and stores information that is critical to your agency's success
2. It stores information that would otherwise be lost if kept in the mind of a sales rep that leaves your agency
3. It communicates (in some cases) with your scheduling and billing system to keep your sales team up to date on their referrals, admits, and patient status
4. It is backed up, so unlike a notebook full of business cards, it cannot be lost or left behind somewhere.
5. It allows your reps to proactively schedule their calls AND purpose, thereby creating a sales strategy. Anything less than this is what we refer to as "passive" or "reactive" selling. (the this is where reps go from the minor leagues, all the way to the majors)
6. It is THE standard of professionalism for sales reps in every industry....and not it must become the same here in home care.
So, why doesn't everyone use it?
1. They think it's too expensive (in some cases they could be right, but there are many options, including free ones)
2. They think their team won't use it (in many cases they ARE right, but that's because of faulty implementation and introduction to the sales staff)
3. They think it takes up too much time (they are wrong. Properly set up and implemented, CRM is a huge time and efficiency savings)
4. Someone told them it's like micromanaging ( they are wrong, it's exactly the opposite. It allows your reps to manage, schedule, and report on their own activities and results without you hounding them for it).
So, it's 2020. It's time. Your competitors are upping their game, and it's time you did the same.
*We do not recommend any specific CRM programs, and are not a paid by any CRM providers to make any such recommendations.
If you need more info on CRM, how to implement it, and how to use it to grow market share, email me and we can discuss.