8am: Read this newsletter
8:15am: Happy Anniversary!
We've reached the half year point of the Monday Marketing Must Do...and I've hope you've been with me for the entire ride. If you have, I expect that your sales results have improved. You are generating more referrals on a regular basis from a targeted listing of accounts, and you have eliminated a lot of the accounts and activities that were not generating any return.
If for some reason you haven't, here are some things that you should check on....a dashboard if you will....to get yourself on track (all stats are for full time sales personnel)
1. You are making 35-50 quality, face to face sales calls each week. That is, you are seeing people that you expect to, you have a plan for what you want to present to them, and you are asking for referral opportunities based upon that presentation.
2. You are minimizing and then eliminating your calls on accounts that don't have enough potential to refer to you at least monthly.
3. Your referrals per hour ratio is steadily rising. To calculate this, take the total number of sales hours you spend in a week and divide by the total number of referrals you generated. This is a trending number that will show how effective you are in each hour of selling. The more you focus on selling to well qualified referral sources, the higher this number should go.
4. You are prospecting/cold calling 3-5 new opportunities or contacts each week.
5. You spend 90% of your sales hours in the field selling versus attending networking events, health fairs, and other non selling activities.
These are some good general guidelines to help you get back on track if you happen to be off track at the moment. There are very few people that cannot succeed at this job as long as they apply themselves to a well orchestrated, professional sales effort in accounts that have good potential. Be one of those people....and if we can help, give us a call at 877-798-2530.
Happy Anniversary....and Good Selling!